- rode on the X-Scream thrill ride. LOVED it! The man was less happy about the whole thing, but I giggled the whole time. I would have loved to go on the ride a few more times.
- laid out by the pool in the beautiful 80-degree weather...note: not all half-naked people should be half-naked. Contrary to popular belief, there are not that many attractive people in Las Vegas.
- watched CSI (Las Vegas) in Las Vegas. note: I am a dork.
- saw numerous hookers...er...escorts.
- went to Hart and Huntington's tattoo shop at the Palms. Bought a souvenir t-shirt. Did not see Cary Hart (unfortunately).
- gambled. Lost money. Gambled again. Lost more money.
- ate some crappy food. note: stay away from Toby Keith's restaurant. Food was awful.
- ate some good food.
- shook Elvis' hand. note: I know it wasn't really Elvis.
- went to the Jimmy Buffett street party and concert. Drank about 7 loaded Landsharks. Wore a hat (made of balloons) shaped like a parrot. If you look closely, you will see that it is a boy parrot.
- people-watched from our upgraded, 18th-floor room. There was a tv in the bathroom mirror, which was pretty cool.
- walked. Window-shopped. Walked some more. Drank. Walked.
- learned a lot more about the man's family. Now I better understand the good things and the not-so-good things about him.
- nearly passed out from having walked so damned much.
- called a few people, pretending to be on our "honeymoon." Laughed a lot.
- rode in a taxi that almost got into an accident. Learned some profanity in a language I didn't recognize.
- watched the Bellagio water show. Pretended that I was in Ocean's 11 or 13 - I didn't like 12.
- saw Pete Rose. In Vegas. Will that man never learn?
- wore my beautiful new shoes. (I will post a picture next week.)
- realized that the man and I can go on vacation and not get sick of one another. Bonus.
things i did in vegas, which did not include getting married
In no particular order: