6.23.2009

too hot to think

The heatwave spreading through the Midwest has been having various effects on the population. The concrete is exploding on the highways. People are sweaty and cranky and likely committing crimes. Tempers are flaring and it is difficult to focus. I'm one of the lucky ones who gets to work in an air conditioned building. For that I am grateful.

I'm also grateful that I am able to type this message and not worry about my internet connection disconnecting mid-post. As I write this I am sitting on my couch working quickly on the internet thanks to the aid of my lovely new provider. It is wonderful. Now that I can work on my computer without being tethered to my office I get to take in various views around the house. Right now I have the scenic view of the Cat Named Jack lying on his back, baring his no-longer-existent balls to the air conditioning being circulated by the ceiling fan directly above him.

What a wonderful way to spend a steamy June evening.

No comments: