3.20.2008

sprung

Happy first day of SPRING! It could not come soon enough...unfortunately, Mother Nature is still being a nasty whore and is sending 5-7 inches of snow our way in the next 24 hours. But, today is slated to be nice and sunny. And, a sure sign of spring is this guy, who has been mating in the front yard with all the ladies with big red breasts:


As you probably know, Easter is this Sunday. My initial reaction to the thought of having to do family stuff with the man's family was this: I suggested that we hide my car in the garage and pretend that we are visiting my parents for the weekend. I thought we were in agreement about this, until I was informed that we will be attending a dinner with the man's family Saturday night. This doesn't go along with my plan, but the damage has been done and now I have to go or look like a bitch for not going. As much as I would like to take the bitch route, I know there would be repercussions and I'm not going to ruin the remainder of my weekend by having to listen to a disgruntled, pouty boyfriend. On second thought, there has been trouble brewing amongst some of the members of the family and nothing says Easter like a drunken outburst at dinner, so this could be more interesting than first expected.

No comments: